Energy Finance Christmas Workshop (EFC18)
12-13.12.2018, Bolzano (Bozen), Italy
EFC18 is the 8th event in the highly successful series of Energy Finance Christmas workshops. It is set in the capital city of the province of South Tyrol (Alto Adige), ranked in 2014 as having the Best Quality of Life in Italy.
The workshop is organized by Angelica Gianfreda (unibz), with the help of Federico Boffa (unibz), F. Marta L. Di Lascio (unibz), Fabrizio Durante (Universita' del Salento), Enrico Foscolo (unibz), Francesco Ravazzolo (unibz), Luca Rossini (unibz) and Giacomo Scandolo (Universita’ di Firenze). EFC18 is partially supported by the FoMoPM project Forecasting and Monitoring Electricity Prices and Volumes (PI Angelica Gianfreda), approved by the Central Research Committee of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano.
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Piazza Università 1, Bolzano (Universitätsplatz 1, Bozen), 39100 Italy
Event Manager: Alessandra Volpato, Secretariat of the Faculty of Economics and Management E-mail: email@example.com, phone: +39-0471-013012.
- Derek Bunn, London Business School, UK (*)
- Fabrizio Durante, University of Salento, Italy
- Carlo Fezzi, University of Trento, Italy
- Takashi Kanamura, University of Kyoto, Japan
- Rüdiger Kiesel, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Carlo Lucheroni, University of Camerino, Italy
- Katarzyna Maciejowska, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Claudio Morana, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy (*)
- Matteo Pelagatti, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Alessandro Sapio, University of Napoli Parthenope, Italy
- Giacomo Scandolo, University of Firenze, Italy
- Stefan Trück, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Rafał Weron, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Sjur Westgaard, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
- Andrew Worthington, Griffith Business School, Australia (*)
- Florian Ziel, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany (*)
(*) To be confirmed
Participation is by invitation only. List of participants: TBA
By rail: One of the best ways to get to Bolzano is by train - the station is only a few minutes walking from the central Walther square! The DB/ÖBB EuroCity trains will carry you conveniently and directly to Bolzano from stations in Munich, Innsbruck, Venezia Santa Lucia, Bologna and Verona. These trains, operated in partnership by the German and Austrian railways, run along these lines very often. There is no need to switch trains at the Brennero (Brenner) Pass and advance booking of trains is not necessary. Furthermore, trilingual staff members will attend to your needs. Tickets may be booked online or bought on board. Please visit http://www.oebb.at/en/ or http://www.megliointreno.it
By bus: FlixBus has one of the largest connection networks in Europe and has recently added new Italian routes. Bolzano can be directly reached from many other cities, including some major European airports. The prices start at 3.99 EUR. Online bookings at https://www.flixbus.it/autobus/bolzano
By air: The nearest international airports are in Innsbruck and Verona. The other airports Bergamo, Treviso, Venice and Munich are over 200 km away (or four hours by rail). From the airport in Verona, you may take the AeroBus to Verona Porta Nuova train station to catch a train to Bozen. Find more information at http://www.aeroportoverona.it/en/aerobus_t2
By car: The access to the city centre of Bozen-Bolzano is under video surveillance. Please follow the indication to the parking places and do not overstep the gates in order to avoid to be sanctioned. For parking, follow the electronic indications at the main entrances of the city.
Coming from the South: Take the motorway exit "Bolzano Sud" and park your car at the Fair (1300 lots). From there you find public busses to the center every 15 minutes or the train every 30 minutes.
Coming from the North: Take the motorway exit "Bolzano Nord" and park at the parking "Bolzano Centro", which is only a few minutes walking from the center.
Please keep in mind that Christmas period is high season so we recommend booking your room well in advance. For suggestions, visit http://www.bolzano-bozen.it/en/accommodation-bolzano.htm or http://www.booking.com